Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tucson makes Time Magazine’s list of ‘Intelligent Cities’

by Pamela Powers, Tuscon Citizen

Finally… some positive, news coming out of Arizona.

In a recent issue, Time Magazine named Tucson one of the nation’s “Intelligent Cities” because it is a desert city with laws that promote grey water and rainwater use. Here’s the story:
In Tucson, Saving the Bath Water Too

If you would like to learn more about rainwater or grey water collection and use, check out the Watershed Management Group. They teach individuals and neighborhoods through workshops and lectures.

I attended a two-weekend, hands-on workshop conducted by Technicians for Sustainability and Stone Curves Co-Housing a few years ago. It was a great experience; I learned a lot of water collection dos and don’ts, which helped me transform my yard. I highly recommend a workshop for anyone who is considering installing a cistern or hiring someone to do it.

Water Harvesting by Pamela Powers